Image Map

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Reader Space: Shoe Storage in an Entryway

A reader sent me this picture of her entryway:
I think she's definitely on the right track!! And while I am *super* envious of her mudroom cubbies, I do see that she could use a little help when it comes to shoe storage. It looks as though each family member has a designated shoe cubbie (excellent!), but the shoes are just thrown in there haphazardly and I'm sure it's difficult to find a pair. If she would just take it one step further and get a well-fitting bucket or basket to fit into each cubbie, it could look like this:
 
{Source}
Which would make:
1. Each family member able to find their shoes more quickly and
2. The space would look a lot prettier! :)
 
However, I think the key in the bucket/basket system would be to LIMIT the number of pairs that are allowed for each family member. Probably 5 pairs for each kid and 3 for each adult (since our shoes are so much larger!)
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For those of you out there without a built-in mudroom, here are few other shoe storage solutions for an entryway:
 
 1. Lay a hanging shoe organizer on its' side inside a bench
{Source}
 2.  Usually found in a dining room, a wall-mounted plate rack is a genius idea to storing shoes in a small entryway space!
{Source}
 3. IKEA has a solution for everything :) And this slender, 12" deep cabinet can fit almost anywhere!
{Source}
 4. Or if you're particularly handy, you can make these DIY wall bins. Love that rustic look!
{Source}
 
Hope these shoe storage solutions helped! Leave a comment with your latest organizational dilemma to be featured in my next "Reader Space" post.

Happy Organizing!
 photo 123-sig_zpsfaf346b8.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Finally, I comment! I love these ideas and I am on the look out for bins for the shoes. My challenge is that each slot is a slightly different size. That's why the top slots have different bins...I am working on it!

    I love the IKEA piece, too, for my front entry way. I think that might be a great fit, too!

    ReplyDelete