Image Map

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Tuesday Tip: Making a "Snack Zone"


A great way to stay organized now that the kids are back in school is to create a "Snack Zone." I have one in my house, and it has helped us tremendously. The kids know where to look when they are hungry, and best of all, they can help themselves! :)

Our snack zone is in a pull-out drawer in the pantry. It doesn't matter where you create your snack zone, just as long as it's easily accessible to the kids. It could be a drawer, a basket in the pantry, or inside a low cabinet. Or, if you have the space, you could repurpose an over-the-door shoe storage holder to become a snack holder. Like this:
{Source}

The key to having a snack zone is having the snacks pre-packaged into small, snack-size baggies. I keep pretzels, goldfish, and veggie straws readily available in ours, along with Clif bars, peanut butter crackers, fruit snacks, and Slim Jim's (gross, I know....but my son loves those things)!

I check the snacks about 1-2 times a week, and usually end up restocking every Sunday night.
 
I also love the idea of having a snack zone in the fridge, to hold items like yogurts, applesauce, carrots, fruit, and string cheese. Again, use snack-size baggies wherever possible, and place them all in one central bin.
{Source}

And there's your Tuesday Tip!
Feel free to comment below and tell me about the snack zone in your kitchen....
 photo 123-sig_zpsfaf346b8.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment