Image Map

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Transformation Tuesday: Big Bro to Little Bro Closet

My goal this month is to inspire you to de-clutter at least one space in your home! Of course, if you don't feel like doing it on your own, I would be happy to help. Just comment below to set up a consultation :)

Regardless, I think the best way to inspire people is to show them what's possible.....
 
Here is a toddler's closet that I turned into a nursery closet for his soon-to-be little brother:

*Let's see that "after" shot one more time!*
Ahhhh! You can actually vacuum in there now :)

This client was lucky enough to have TWO closets for her little man, so I designated the one on the left  as the linens / diapers / wipes / miscellaneous closet. And I used chalk labels for the bins up top, which hold bathing suits, crib sheets, and carriers:

 
And in the closet on the right, I cataloged all of big brother's old clothes into large tubs, so that little brother can wear them down the road !! This was a long & tedious process, but it was worth it to create a system for my client that is low-maintenance & easily accessible.

I labeled the bins up top with mini-chalkboards (attached with Velcro) and a chalk pen. These 3 bins house "too small" shoes, mementos, and "too big shoes."
 
I repurposed some Rubbermaid tubs from another room, and used dry-erase labels to identify the clothing size for each tub. It's a pretty simple system, but it's just about finding the time to get started.
 
Call me today if you'd like to see a transformation like this in your house!

 photo 123-sig_zpsfaf346b8.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment