Image Map

Friday, February 19, 2016

Calling All Junk Drawer Lovers!

Is there anyone out there who does NOT have a junk drawer?!
If you just said yes, I think you're lying :)
 
We all have them, and that's okay. They serve a necessary purpose. And I prefer to call them "Miscellaneous Drawers" instead of junk drawers. Because I know my miscellaneous drawer has some pretty useful stuff in there, not junk!
 
I helped a recent client de-clutter & organize the two miscellaneous drawers in her kitchen. Lucky for me, they are both huge drawers, so we had a great space to work with.
 
Check out these before & after shots:
We designated this drawer as the "homework station," so it holds most of her kids' homework supplies, as well as other learning resources they use.

This drawer has a whole lot of....you guessed it....miscellaneous stuff! Batteries, loose change, sunglasses, address book. All this stuff needs a home! And now it has a nice new one.
 
This transformation didn't take a lot of time (~1 hour) or money (~$10). I bought some acrylic organizers from Walmart and a few plastic ones from the Dollar Tree. Plus, I was able to utilize some of the drawer organizers my client already owned.
 
A simple job, but a huge transformation!
 
 photo 123-sig_zpsfaf346b8.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment