Image Map

Monday, April 4, 2016

My Office Transformation

My office transformation has been a year in the making,
and today I'm finally ready to share it with you.....
My "before" desk was almost 20 years old (yes, it was my husband's when he was in college!), so I have desperately been wanting to replace it. But it took me some time to find exactly what I was looking for.

I found this beauty (and the chair!) on Overstock.com if anyone is wondering :) Plus, I was determined to get the printer off the desk, so I purchased an old filing cabinet and moved the printer on top. Add some desk organizers, a cute bulletin board, custom mouse pad off of Etsy.com and a lamp, and I was in business!

Next up, the drawers were in need of some TLC! I lined my new desk drawers with contact paper, and then purchased some simple acrylic drawer organizers from Target. (Plus, it helps that the new drawer is much wider!)

 Again, another acrylic divider with some contact paper, as well as Velcro straps to keep those pesky cords organized.
 The old bookcase help my scrapbooks, plus my kids' craft supplies. Well, we added a second bookcase to accommodate some of my work materials, and the kids ever-expanding craft stuff.
 The bookcase on the left holds my things, and the one on the right is for the kids. Most of the white containers are from the Dollar Store (!), the baskets are from TJ Maxx, and the thin black art boxes up top are from the Container Store. They hold my kids' XL art projects from school, etc.
 
The kids' stuff is divided into boxes/buckets for:
-paint
-stamps
-stickers
-sewing
-creations
-loose paper
-beads
-rainbow loom
-miscellaneous supplies
 
Yes, we like to "craft" in my house!!
I hope you like my office transformation! Please comment below if you have a question on a certain product & where I purchased it. Or, if you need any ideas on how to organize your office & craft supplies!
 photo 123-sig_zpsfaf346b8.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment