Image Map

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Top 16 of 2016

I wanted to share my top 16 organizing items of 2016! Some are from my clients' homes, some are from mine, and some are from both. Check out my list below....


 1. The Y Weave bin

Although this list is not in any order, these are hands-down my favorite item!! They are so versatile and very durable. They come in a variety of sizes and colors, and can be found at Target. I've used them in a variety of clients' homes...
A. Pantry
B. Hall closet
C. Nursery closet
D. Craft closet
{Source}

2. Expandable utensil tray

These trays can help organize all those large utensils & cooking tools you have! I love that they are expandable and can fit most any drawers.
{Source}

 3. Command Hooks

Command hooks come in a variety of styles, but this past year I discovered some "pretty" ones that are ideal for jewelry! They are oh so easy to use, and very inexpensive too.
A. My house
B. A client's home with jewelry hooks and a bar with crystal knobs.
{Source}

4. Shelf Helper

These can serve double duty!! A. and D. show them being used as shoe racks and utilizing the height of a closet shelf, while B. and C. show them used in pantries. It may be hard to see, but in C. the shelf helper is especially useful since it is a very deep pantry. I put snacks underneath the shelf helper that aren't utilized often, and more common snacks on top. (Note: B. is my pantry!)
{Source}

5. Lid Rack

Again, another piece that can serve two completely different functions! In A. and D. the lid rack is helping to display clutches/small purses. And then B. and C. show a much more common use, storing actual pot lids. (Note: C. is in my kitchen!)
{Source}

6. Acrylic drawer organizer

Oh how I love these little clear organizers!!! They can be used in so many different ways...
A. To organize a kitchen junk drawer
B. To organize an office drawer (Note: this is my desk! I lined the drawer with contact paper first.)
C. To organize makeup in a bathroom vanity drawer

{Source}

7. Expandable Shelf

These are great because they come in a variety of sizes and can store items such as canned goods or even spices. (Tip: My favorite one is shown below in A. and C. I love it because it has a solid bottom and therefore sits well on the wire shelving that is in most pantries. It's from Target, but I could not find it on their website for some reason. Just FYI! Click on "Source" below to see a similar one, from Bed, Bath and Beyond)
{Source}

8. Mini hanging chalkboards & a fine tip chalk pen

Ok, so this is really two items but they go hand-in-hand. I use these little labels at almost every client's house. One, because they are easy to rewrite if your needs change, and two, because they are cute! I usually tie them on with jute, but sometimes use ribbon instead. (Example: Picture D was in a little girl's closet!) Again, these are an item that can be utilized in so many different spaces...
A. Playroom (Note: this is my playroom!)
B. Pantry
C. Medicine cabinet
D. Nursery closet
E. Craft closet
F. Pantry (again)
(Also: I didn't list a link for the chalk pen, but they can be found at Hobby Lobby or Michael's.)
{Source}

9. Three drawer carts

I used a wide drawer cart in A. to store gift bags. Each drawer holds a different occasion! And in B. the client already had these drawers, so we repurposed them to hold all of her gift wrapping supplies. Again, I separated them by type: tissue paper, gift bags, etc. And I also put Christmas supplies in separate drawers. So handy!
{Source}

10. Shelf dividers

These can be used in a variety of ways in closets, but my favorite way is shown here - to separate those pesky sweaters that won't stay in a neat pile! (Please note that these don't work in every closet, for example, ones with wire shelving.)

{Source}

11. "S" Hooks:

I'll be honest, this client's closet was one I highly coveted. When we were done with it, it looked more like a boutique than a closet! I loved using the S hooks to store her gorgeous bags, as well as help to keep them in mint condition.
{Source}

12. Hanging organizer

This is one of my favorite items to use in kids' closets! (In fact, picture A is my daughter's closet :) I use it to store a variety of linens - her extra sheets, extra blankies, extra towels.) And picture B was for a nursery closet, because you know babies require oh so many linens! (Pack 'n' play sheets, crib sheets, boppy covers, crib sheets, blankets.....the list goes on!)
{Source}


13. Multi-Purpose Bin

Although I can think of a million uses for these bins (magazines, craft items, paper products, cleaning supplies....), I chose to use them in my freezer and they fit the space perfectly!
{Source}


14. Canister Set

These 4 piece canister sets are probably the most inexpensive thing on this list! I have two sets in my pantry and added a few vinyl labels from etsy.com to personalize our most common snack items.
{Source}


15. Schedule Pad

I never know what gems I will find in clients' homes, or what tidbits of advice they will offer. Here is a perfect example! A client this year (hi Lindsey!) had this Erin Condren schedule pad for her busy kids and I totally fell in love with it!! I love that each sheet is a detailed look at ONE week at a time. (Though I do fill out two weeks at a time and keep the second week pinned up behind the current week.) I also use a different color sharpie for each member of my family, so they can easily see what is going on for them during that week. My husband says it's been a tremendous help in keeping all of the kids activities straight. Best of all, there are all sorts of options to personalize the schedule pad when you order.....you can add your last name, a family picture, etc.

{Source}

16. Cabinet Turntable

This is another item that has so many uses! I have utilized them in SO many pantries....to store canned goods, spices, and even oils/sauces. The two-tiered option is especially great if a pantry has enough height to allow for it.

{Source}

I hope you've enjoyed my Top 16 of 2016. I'll be honest, I had a *really* hard time containing this list to just 16 items. There are so many great organizing products out there these days! My favorite places to find them are TJ Maxx, Amazon, Home Goods, and Target.


 photo 123-sig_zpsfaf346b8.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment