Image Map

Tuesday, February 6, 2018

My Guest Bathroom Makeover!

It's been awhile since I had a reveal of my own to share!

And since lately, I seem to be organizing quite a few *bathrooms* ..... I thought I'd show off the recent remodel we did on our guest bathroom.

 Keep in mind: our house was built in 1950. So, while I love so many parts of it and its' historic charm.....I have been *done* with this bathroom for awhile and wanting to update it. This upstairs bathroom doubles as a guest bathroom and my son's bathroom. With that being said, the main thing we were needing was storage space! So, out with the old pedestal sink and in with the new vanity! 

We also removed the old towel bar and installed 2 new ones on the back of the door. We replaced the old soap inserts with new ones, and bought a new mirror as well. A 4-tier basket container was added to the left of the vanity to hide an old gas heater. It would have cost a small fortune to have it removed from the tile, so we opted to cover it up instead :)
 To say I'm happy is an understatement!!
We gained lots of counter space, which was MUCH needed!
Plus a few drawers, and room underneath for baskets.
 The woven baskets underneath hold extra toilet paper, Kleenex, and my son's spare set of towels.
 The drawers have these built-in dividers! They are in a U-shape so that they don't interfere with the plumbing. So, the drawers can't hold a lot, but they hold all of my son's daily toiletries. (And the bottom drawer is completely empty in case guests need it!)
 The wall above the toilet was completely bare, so I added just a few little things to spruce the space up. (When in doubt, hang a picture of your kids!)
 Let's take one more look....
And although we did not update the linen closet, I wanted to show that as well....

We removed the door years ago, just because it's a small space that's hard to get in and out of.
I covered two old diaper boxes with wrapping paper, and created a space for all the guest towels. I also covered the shelves with contact paper because they were old & grimy (remember: 70 year old house)!

 And these 3 baskets hold all of the kids' items like medicine, first aid, extra toothpaste, etc. I attached mini chalkboards with the help of Velcro dots. So the kids have no excuse when I tell them to go get a Band-Aid! :)
And that's my guest bathroom makeover. Hope you enjoyed it!


 photo 123-sig_zpsfaf346b8.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment