Image Map

Monday, January 5, 2015

Storing Holiday Decor

Let's hear a round of applause.....I finally put away our Christmas decorations today!!
 
We have been out of town for almost 2 weeks, and today was the first chance I've had to get our house back in order. And since both of my kids have felt a bit under the weather today, it was the perfect excuse to let them have a movie marathon.
(Yes, not only am I organizer extraordinaire, I am mother-of-the-year too! :)
 
I decided to try a different tactic today, and stored every decoration for a single room in one tub. (Ex. all the decorations that were in the dining room, went in a tub labeled "dining room.") Now, I know that's not rocket science, but for some reason, I've never done that. In past years, I just put things away in tubs where they fit best, according to size. And then I took inventory of each tub and wrote it on the outside.
 
So, although it took a little extra time today, I must say...I love my new system!
 
Here's what I did:
1. Used MS Word to create a sheet that said "Christmas Decorations" with 10 lines underneath, and printed 14 copies (2 copies for each tub).
 
2. Took down decorations room-by-room and placed in one single tub if at all possible.
 
3. Wrote the contents of each tub on 2 copies of inventory sheets with a sharpie, and used packing tape to attach a copy to the front & side of the tub.
 
4. Repeated for each room with holiday décor!
 

 
How do you store your holiday décor?!
 photo 123-sig_zpsfaf346b8.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment