Image Map

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Tame Your Tupperware

As a professional organizer, I have seen my share of messy and cluttered kitchens. One area of the kitchen that always seems to create a challenge for my clients is their Tupperware drawer/cabinet. Well, I'm here to give you some fool-proof advice on Taming Your Tupperware!!


 First, follow these simple steps:
 
1. Pull everything out of your Tupperware drawer/cabinet.
2. Sort lids into like shapes. (Ex. Put all rectangular lids together.)
3. Sort containers into like shapes.
4. Match containers to lids.
5. Throw out any lids/containers without mates, as well as any that are cracked or damaged.
6. Sort all your matched Tupperware into like shapes, and try to pare down your collection as much as possible....do you really need 14 rectangular-shaped containers?!
7. Once you have all of the "keepers," take the lids off and put them aside. The best way to store containers is to nest smaller pieces inside larger pieces.
 
 
As for lid storage, here are a few suggestions:


{ Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 }
{1} Use a CD rack to hold lids

{2} Follow this tutorial to sew your own Tupperware lid holder, and attach it to the inside of your cabinet door. (Sidenote: I love the idea of using the inside of a cabinet door for storage, but since I'm clueless when it comes to sewing, I would prefer the likes of #7.)

{3} Purchase this undershelf basket from The Container Store.

{4} Purchase this mesh organizer from The Container Store. (Have I mentioned how much I love The Container Store!?

{5} Use a letter holder to tame Tupperware lids.

{6} Purchase a corner shelf and sort lids by shape & size.

{7} Mount a wall pocket on the inside of your cabinet door.

{8} Similar to #5 but just on a larger scale....Use a wooden mail sorter to hold lids.

{9} If you have the space, use a dish rack.

Leave a comment and let me know which lid solution is your favorite!
 
(And be sure to check back at the end of the month to see how I store my Tupperware, when I give a "Peek Inside" my kitchen!)
 
 photo 123-sig_zpsfaf346b8.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment